Senior iOS Engineer
/ October 2018 - Present
Working at WHOOP has been a wonderful experience, when I recently joined the iOS team I was wondering how the strap sends data to the phone and well I had the task to create the iOS Core Connectivity and Data Transmission for the WHOOP Strap 3.0 using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) I created components like:
• Historical Data. Synchronize the data using the WHOOP BLE protocol, store into the iPhone and then upload to the Cloud.
• Send Commands and Process Data using the WHOOP BLE Protocol, process the data and responses using background data tasks and queues by component.
• Managing the Pairing and Bonding process with the device.
• Firmware Update. Process to update the firmware of the strap and also coordinate the Bluetooth Firmware update of the strap using Nordic SDK for iOS.
• Data Sync. Implementing Bluetooth State Restoration and Background Fetch so the app can continuously synchronize data.
I was in charge of creating below UI features:
• WHOOP Teams. Users can Create Teams, Invite People and share daily Strain, Recovery and Sleep.
• Performance Profile. All new design that display more statistics.
• Credit Card on Signup flow. Users can enter the credit card to pay/renew the membership.
• Activity Live Heart Rate. Whenever you start an activity using a Strap 3.0 there is a view where you can see your Live Heart Rate.
• Strap Settings. Users can Turn On/Off the HR Broadcast and see Firmware of the Strap, Pair with a WHOOP Strap. Users can initialize the pairing and bonding process, Advanced Settings, Users can Reboot the Strap, Erase the Strap Data, Unpair the Strap, Send Diagnostic Data.
• Firmware Update. Execute the firmware update process OTA (Over the air) with smooth transitions between views based on the state of the process and also adding nice and smooth animations.
All this I achieved thanks to the support of several people who trusted me and gave me this great opportunity.